These lemon cookies are so good!! They have the perfect softness/crunchiness ratio and the lemon glaze frosting on top is delicious. They go perfectly with a cup of tea, coffee, or a glass of milk. Yum!
Gather up your ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
While the butter and sugar mixing, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
To the butter and sugar add the egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet.
Add lemon juice.
Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the cookie start to turn a nice golden color.
Let the lemon cookies cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack.
When the cookies are all completely cool, make the glaze. In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Drizzle the glaze over the cookies and smear them with the back of a spoon to get the glaze to spread evenly across the cookie.
Let the glaze cool completely before storing the cookies in an airtight container. Separate cookie layers with parchment paper or wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
If you love baking with lemons, try my lemon poppyseed muffins.Print
Soft, chewy lemony cookies with a tangy lemon zest glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the cookies:
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
For the glaze:
½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- While the butter and sugar are mixing, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- To the butter and sugar add egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extra. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing just enough to combine. Do not overmix.
- Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet, giving enough room to spread a bit.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until the edges just begin to turn golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cool, prepare the glaze by mixing powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies. Spread across the cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Let the glazed cookies dry on the wire rack for about 15 minutes and then you can transfer them to an airtight container. Separate layers with wax or parchment paper so they don't stick.
Keywords: lemon cookie, easy lemon cookie recipe, lemon glaze