This whole wheat zucchini nut bread recipe is super easy and delightfully moist. Often times I feel that when baking solely with whole wheat flour, baked goods tend to seem dry. Not with this whole wheat zucchini nut bread recipe. The zucchini lend a mild flavor and their juice spreads throughout the bread, giving it a more spongy texture while still being a hearty bread.
My garden is overflowing with so many delicious vegetables right now. I have about eight zucchini plants and they are all producing huge, delicious zucchini.
If you don't like nuts, simply leave them out. You can add other things like raisins as well. With so many more zucchini coming my way, I'll be sure to post another recipe soon, without nuts. My kiddos won't eat stuff with nuts in it so I'll have to make it up to them with some other baked goodness once we've eaten this loaf of bread.
Another bread recipe with walnuts I love is olive walnut bread.
Be kind and take care of each other. We are all in this together.Print
Whole Wheat Zucchini Nut Bread
Hearty, flavorful, surprisingly moist bread whole wheat zucchini nut bread.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Baking
2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks of butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup milk
¾ cup honey
2 ½ cups zucchini, grated
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat bread ban with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add in eggs, butter, vanilla, milk, and honey. Mix on low to combine.
- Slowly add in grated zucchini and mix just until all combined.
Fold in nuts.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes. Bread is ready when cake tester comes out clean.
Bread stays fresh loosely wrapped in foil on the counter for 3-4 days.
Or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: healthy, zucchini, bread, whole wheat, nuts